Thursday 12 September 2013

ALPHA H : Triple Action Cleanser with Thyme & Liquid Gold Smoothing and Protecting Mask with Lavender

Alpha H Liquid Gold Smoothing and Perfecting Mask $47.25 & Triple Action Cleanser $31.50
available from www.ry.com.au 

Alpha H is an Australian skin care brand which has had a lot of buzz around it from the UK Beauty Bloggers and YouTubers more so than local Australian bloggers. I was super excited to be offered to try out 2 of Alpha H's key products, to give an un-biased review - the more products I try the easier it is to develop an even playing field for new products to be tested. Here are my thoughts:

Alpha H Liquid Gold Smoothing and Perfecting Mask with Lavender $47.25:
The first time I apply this mask I was suffering from an eruption of active acne on my chin, the mask tingles on the rest of my face but burns on the acne which is red sore and weeping (gross, sorry). So I wash it off my chin and leave the mask on the rest of my face for about an hour, when rinsed off the mask my skin feels super soft, it is calm and has no signs of redness. I would not advise this mask for skin with active acne or breakouts it is far too harsh and will only inflame your skin, if you have spots and apply any products which burn or sting remove them immediately. 
After my breakout healed I started using the mask on my entire face twice a week for 3 weeks, and I noticed a significant difference in the texture of my skin. With fewer dry patches this is due to the mask containing 15% Glycolic Acid a chemical exfoliator. My skin has become used to the mask and if I skip it, I notice that dry patches start to form and it feels like I need to exfoliate. After I finish the Soothing and Perfecting Mask I am going to try the original Liquid Gold Mask to compare the two....So if you are skin care obsessed be sure to keep reading in the coming months.

Ingredients: Aqua, Glycolic Acid,Kaolin, Glycerine, Cocoglycerdides, Talc, Potassium Hydroxide, Glyceryl, Sterate/Peg-100 Sterate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare Germ Oil, Diazolidinyl Urea, Ceteth-20, Propylene Glycol, Lavendula Angustifolia Oil, Allantion, Xanthan Gum, Mel, Rose Flower Oil, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Linalool, D-Limonene

Alpha H Triple Action Cleanser $31.50:
This Cleanser really confused me the first couple of times I used it, it didn't remove my makeup at all and my face didn't feel clean after using it. So I did a bit of research on Beautypedia and found the best way to use this cleanser is by removing makeup first with an oil based makeup remover and then use the Triple Action Cleanser as a second cleanse. Really?!? Another step in my already way too long skin care routine at night....So I tried it and WOW! By removing my makeup with the oil cleanser it melts the makeup off instead of washing with a soapy cleanser rubbing it back into your pores, after you remove the makeup your skin feels oily and weird but once rinsing with warm water and double cleansing with the Triple Action Cleanser you skin feels soft, clean and still plump rather than the tight squeaky clean feel you get with soapy cleansers. After a week of this new cleansing routine my pores were smaller, my skin was producing less oil and I had barely had a single zit! 

Ingredients: aqua, PEG-7-glyceryl cocoate, aloe barbadensiss leaf, glycerin, polysorbate 20, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, cucumis savitus extract, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, potassium hydroxide, disodium EDTA, parfum.

Yesterday I took part in Go Naked Day which was in support of Look Good Feel Better a charity which helps raise the confidence and self-esteem of women affected by Cancer. Being bare faced without a scratch of makeup on, on the Internet is a very scary thing but I think my skin looks pretty good, a lot better than a month ago and I think its because of my new Alpha H steps in my skin care routine.


xxx Nella

Twitter @beautegazette
Google +  +Nella van veenendaal 
Bloglovin' HERE
TUMBLR HERE

1 comment:

  1. I love their liquid gold. It is the shiz. I actually have used a butt load of their products over the past two years. Such a brilliant brand

    Luc xx
    www.love-luc.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...