Thursday 22 May 2014

Sephora Favourites 'Meet your Match' Value Set - Is it worth it?



Sephora Favourites 'Meet your Match' Value Set $25.00 available from www.sephora.com 

If you're an avid reader of Beauté Gazette then firstly - Thank you so much and I hope you continue to read and support my beauty adventures! Secondly you would know that I live in Australia, which sometimes feels like I am living on the moon, we don't have access to amazing US based stores like Sephora and to make it worse they wont even ship their amazing products to our shores if you shop online. *Bangs head in frustration*
So whenever family or friends go to the States I ask them to pick me up a value set from Sephora because they are easy to find instore and are compact to pack. The packs are usually a great deal and I get to try a bunch of different products which aren't available locally. When my main buddy and tumblr partner in crime Greta returned from NYC on Sunday with a very anticipated as a pressie from Sephora, I was so so so so excited to try out all the products. The box she picked up for me was the 'Meet Your Match' box set which features 'A lip and nail set that features the most covertable lip and nail hues'  says Sephora. Here is my review of all 6 mini sized products packed into this cute little box:

Bite Beauty Lip Gloss in 'Lush Fruit'
I have been very curious about the Bite lip products they've had great reviews online. This lipgloss is just a very standard lipgloss, nothing fancy or out of the norm, when on the lips the pigmentation is sheer and it is quite thick in consistency. I love the colour, it is a muted magenta which is really really pretty on the lips.

Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lipgloss in 'Child'
The texture of this gloss is really comfortable on the lips, it glides on and isn't sticky at all. The colour is a bit meh on the lips not pigmented at all and you can see your natural lip colour under the gloss, but gives a nice glossy finish. I am definitely keen to test out this gloss in the different shades available.

Tarte Lipsurgence Lip Tint in 'Elite'
I totally love the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes and was really excited about trying the Lip Tints. This is very similar to the Revlon Balm Stains and even has a minty scent too. Because it is so similar other formulas I have tried before and so it kind of feels a bit  been there done that with this product.

Deborah Lippmann Nail Polish in 'Girls just want to have fun'
When Greta handed me the box this was the first product that jumped out at me, the colour is perfection! I have always loved Deborah Lippmann's formula polish. Orange based red coloured polishes are my go to pedi colour of choice, and I am desperate to get this colour on my toes STAT!

Nails Inc Nail Polish in 'Devonshire Row'
Nails Inc has been a hot and miss brand for me with the products I have tried previously, it gets talked about alot by UK bloggers but every colour I have tried has been a fail. The colour is ok but nothing special and the formula isn't the best. This is the biggest disapointment in the 'Meet Your Match' box. 

Sephora Formula X Nail Polish in 'Invincible'
Why oh why isn't there Sephora in Australia? Apart from stocking incredible premium brands, Sephora's own brand of products are one of my favourite lines instore and especially their nail polishes. Formula X is the latest realese and I love it!  'Invincible' is a bone coloured nude which takes 2-3 coats like a standard nude polish does but I love it.

So is it worth $25.00? Yes! I mean there are some misses in the box but trying out products like this is a great way to know if you would like to buy the full sized product.


Sephora Favourites 'Meet your Match' Value Set $25.00 available from www.sephora.com 




xxx Nella
Twitter @beautegazette
Instagram @beautegazette
Google +  +Nella van veenendaal 
Bloglovin' HERE
TUMBLR HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...